It’s the second *official* working day of the year and you’re probably slowly, but surely de-cluttering your inbox after a well-deserved Christmas break. No one likes to keep up with the news over Crimbo. Who actually has the time to? In between excessive mince pie eating, downing the Baileys and family fall-outs over Monopoly, days upon days of doing not very much at all can often feel like a jam-packed schedule. To get caught up on all what happened in the industry over the past two weeks or so (including those days you “mentally clocked off” before actually finishing work in December), we’ve rounded up 10 bits of must-know fashion news.
1. Legendary supermodel Stella Tennant passes away aged 50
The fashion industry mourned one of its greats on December 23 as news broke that iconic British supermodel
2. Italian couturier Pierre Cardin dies aged 98
Another massive loss for the fashion industry. The futurist Italian couturier
3. Alexander Wang accused of multiple accounts of sexual assault
Multiple allegations of sexual assault have been made across social media against New York-based designer
Stella Tennant in the Chanel SS97 campaign, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld.
4. Pat McGrath to be honoured with a damehood from the Queen
One of the most influential make-up artists to grace the planet,
5. Marine Serre collaborates with A$AP Rocky’s AWGE
6. The Hiltons star in a Valentino campaign
Beverly Hills royalty
Marine Serre x AWGE, photographed by Akram Shah.
7. Raf Simons launches an online store
Despite being in the business for over 25 years,
8. Gucci teams up with The North Face
9. New York clubkid Michael Alig dies aged 58
A former prominent figure in the New York party scene, Michael Alig, was pronounced dead December 29 after his mother confirmed the cause of death to be a suspected heroin overdose. Alig spent 17 years of his life in prison after murdering fellow clubkid Andre ‘Angel’ Melendez in 1996.
The Hiltons for Valentino, photographed by Jennifer Rovero.
10. Harry Styles and Phoebe Waller-Bridge wear custom Gucci in ‘Treat People with Kindness’
Top image: Pierre Cardin’s ‘Space’ AW67 collection.