One of the best things about London Fashion Week each season is a brand new
Joining three returning designers from last year –
1. What did you do when you found out you got accepted to Fashion East?
“I found out during lockdown, so I wasn’t sure what was happening. I almost cried. It was quite surreal.”
2. How would you describe your brand in three words?
“Sex, elegance and power.”
3. What’s one song which enraptures the spirit of your SS21 collection?
“Sean Paul – “I’m still in love with you.”
4. If the collection had a scent, what would it smell like?
“Something citrus based with notes of vanilla, almonds and wood.”
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve learnt from Grace Wales Bonner?
“Research and don’t be afraid to talk about my race and identity.”
6. Who did you have in mind when making the collection?
“All the women in my life: my mother, sisters and friends. They’re all strong in their own way.”
7. What was the best thing about making a collection during lockdown?
“Honestly, there really isn’t one. It made everything far more difficult.”
8. What was the worst?
“Not knowing if things would change or be cancelled at the last minute, and not knowing if (or when) the lockdown would end.”
9. What can we expect from tonight’s film?
“Wait and see.”
10. How’re you planning on celebrating?
Photography courtesy of Fashion East. Watch Fashion East’s SS21 showcase at 6:30pm BST