Playing games for hours can be hard on your body, and you don’t want to develop back or neck pain. Streamers need a chair that offers good ergonomics, and comfortable, durable padding for their arms. And if you’ve got kids at home who are playing video games all day long, it’s important for them to stay healthy too.
What Makes a Cheap Gaming Chair An Affordable Option?
When you shop for
You can check out this chair in person and in our online store
12 Tips for Gaming Comfort
No matter what kind of gamer you are (casual, mobile, FPS), there are certain things that every player should do for their own comfort. We’ve compiled a list of 12 practical pointers for playing games to get you on your way to maximum enjoyment!
1. Make sure your computer can play the game with no glitches or crashes
2. Consider accessories like keyboards and controllers to make things more comfortable
3. Adjust monitor settings so that it matches your desired playing distance
4. Make sure to take regular breaks (even if you’re a hardcore gamer like me)
5. Keep your hands and wrists relaxed
6. Use a chair with support for your lower back and upper body
7. Take a good look at the chair you’re about to sit on. Choose one that’s firm yet comfortable, ergonomic but not too fancy, and will let you sit comfortably for hours without getting tired
8. Keep your monitor close to you so that what’s being presented is in the game image size you can clearly see. The optimal viewing distance is 3 to 4 times the height of the actual monitor
9. Choose a room temperature that’s neither too hot nor cold. Also, make sure there are no noisy fans or passing cars/trains.
10. Use a headset or earphones so you don’t disturb anyone around you while you play
11. Make sure your system is free from malware and viruses
12. Don’t overwork your eyes by watching straight lines (closely, or having them be an important part of the scenery)
These steps may seem trivial at first glance, but they’re actually quite important! Indeed, it’s perfectly understandable that a gamer would mindlessly sit in front of his computer and play games for a few hours every day, since this is his passion. However, if there are side effects as the above-mentioned tips recommend, there’s no reason to continue playing this game. The most important thing is to ensure long-term game fun!