Design: Meera K
Project Type: Student Project
School: MIT Institute of Design
Tutor: Prof. Ranjana Dani
Packaging Contents: Frozen Momos
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Paperboard
During the pandemic, the Indian frozen foods market reached a value of INR 105.6 billion in 2020. The market consists of frozen vegetables, frozen fruits, frozen vegetable snacks, and frozen meat products. The people who have shifted to the frozen food scene have the purchasing power, like to try new things & choose to go for safer options as far as their eating habits are concerned.
- With improving living standards people prefer convenient food products that offer less meal preparation time and ease of consumption.
- India’s large young population and influence of western food culture have changed their food habits and lifestyles.
- Manufacturers are constantly producing new product variants.
- India’s booming e-commerce sector has further propelled the growth of the market.
- Online platforms offer high product visibility.