Project Type: Produced
Client: Elif Fındık
Product Launch Location: Turkey
Packaging Contents: Hazelnut
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Aluminium
Printing Process: Offset
This design was designed for Elif Fındık, a local hazelnut producer in Turkey. The hazelnuts, which will be sold in aluminum doypack packaging, consist of two types. The first is raw hazelnuts, the second is roasted hazelnuts. The company came to us with these products. The brief content of the firm is generally as follows;
- The packaging must show that the product is natural
- It should be visually impressive and filling the packaging
- The design should not look confused, obscure and old to people
- The design should not look luxurious or too cheap, as the product consumer portfolio is middle segment and above buyers
- Easy to adapt to new products
- While we were designing, we solved these problems as follows;
We put a straw texture on the floor to make the design look natural. (In the manufacturer’s local culture, this texture is compatible with some nut, such as hazelnuts). We also used hazelnut leaves to emphasize the naturalness. Thus, we added the green color to the color scale of the packaging. We supported its natural accent with distorted fonts
- We did not prefer a classical way of using images. We wanted the image to have a purpose. That’s why we divided the image, like the floor, into two. Here we wanted to emphasize the before and after of the product. This visual use both fills the packaging and gives it an impressive appearance.
- We wanted to make the design as simple and impressive as possible. We used less information, less vectors and fields. By using the texts on the leaves, we both saved space and gave the leaves a function.
- We stayed away from heavy gold colors, simple visuals and conventional designs in order to appeal to the mid-segment manufacturer.
The packaging in this region is very similar to each other. Visual uses, fonts.. The visual usage and general design image that makes this work different.