(Update: The sign-up bonus for this consumer card is now up again slightly to 80k total Hawaiian miles, and the
- Up to 80,000 bonus miles. 60k after $2,000 in purchases within 90 days + additional 20k after $4,000 in total purchases within the first 6 months.
- One-Time 50% Off Companion Discount for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
- $100 annual companion ticket discount each year for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
- Free first checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines flights book with card (primary cardholder only)
- 3X miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- 2X miles per $1 spent on gas, dining, and grocery store purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on every other purchase.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $99 annual fee
ShareMiles. A unique feature of Hawaiian Airlines is that with this card, they allow you to receive Hawaiian miles from other members without a fee. This is handy if your family members have a few miles here and there, as you can now pool them all together to reach an award level.
Domestic award travel discount. These are from their standard award chart to help you value these miles if you don’t have this card:
- Interisland flights: 7,500 miles one-way (SuperSaver), 10,000 (Saver), and 15,000 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 40,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 60,000 (Saver), and 80,000+ (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in First Class: 80,000 (Saver), and 160,000+ (Flex)
However, if you do have a Hawaiian Airlines card, then you can receive certain discounts:
- Interisland flights: 8,500 miles one-way (Saver), and 12,500 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 35,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 50,000 (Saver), and 60,000+ (Flex)
As you might expect, grabbing a SuperSaver award seat means that you’ll have to book early as there are only a limited amount of such seats available per flight. They often also involve a layover on another island, which adds a few couple hours to your total travel time. Still, if you are flexible with your flight times, I have reliably been able to redeem my Hawaiian miles for a flight with a value around 1 cent per mile.
There is also a business card version of this card, the
Bottom line. The
I don’t receive any commission for this updated offer. I will be adding this offer to my ongoing list of
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2004-2021 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.