We could all use a little treat every once in a while. After all, self-care is very important—and we all deserve at least some enjoyment out of life. But what about when things go wrong? When the thing that was supposed to cheer us up ends up causing us even more problems? Here are real-life stories about times where people “treating themselves” ended up going horribly wrong.

1. I Scream For Ice Cream, Gone Wrong

I just passed my exams in university, so I decided to treat myself to some Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. I woke up the next morning to a nightmare. I was covered in hives, vomiting, and burning up. Apparently, I had an unknown allergy that the ice cream decided to make me very much aware of. It was the worst week of my life. And that wasn’t all…

The actual worst part was that the allergist didn’t find anything common that I was allergic to in the ice cream, so we still don’t know what ingredients caused it and need to be avoided in the future. This was more than a decade ago, and I’ve never had issues with allergies ever since. It may well have been a fluke or something else. But I’ll never know…


self care gone wrong

The post Just Desserts: When “Treat Yourself” Moments Went Horribly Wrong appeared first on Factinate.


You may also like